Monday, January 23, 2006

 

More on the "Liberal" Media:

From Democratic Underground's Top Ten Conservative Idiots:

CNN have been pushing ever-rightwards for many years now - perhaps the final straw came back in 2001 when "CNN chairman Walter Isaacson met with top Republican lawmakers in Washington, D.C. to discuss how to improve relations between the cable news network and conservative Republicans," according to FAIR.org.

Here's the deal - cable news networks aren't really in the business of covering news, they're in the business of making money. And since most intelligent people have turned their backs on CNN's constant drumbeat of missing white girls, shark attacks, and celebrity gossip, they appear to have given up broadcasting programs for smart people altogether.

That means they're going after the idiots - and unfortunately the idiots are all watching Fox News already. But CNN apparently has a cunning plan to steal those viewers away. The plan? They're going to make CNN even more of a right-wing cesspool than Fox.

That's why CNN revealed last week that they will be hiring not one, not two, but three right-wing blowhards of varying loathsomeness. The first two hires, former Congressman J.C. Watts and former Sunset Strip roustabout William Bennett are really only notable for the fact that CNN didn't hire any progressives to counter their right-wing spin.

But the third hire is a little different. In an effort to out-Fox Fox, CNN Headline News has picked up right-wing talk radio host Glenn Beck. Let's take a look at some of Beck's greatest hits:

BECK: Honestly, who's a bigger prostitute? Heidi Fleiss or Terrell Owens? Who's the person out there - who's the bigger prostitute: Heidi Fleiss or Howard Dean? No, not even Howard Dean. John Kerry. Who's the bigger prostitute? Who'll do anything for power or money? I mean, at least Heidi Fleiss - this is saying something - at least Heidi Fleiss will admit to being a prostitute. You know what I mean? At least she'll say, "Hey, I'm doing it for cash." ... Cindy Sheehan. That's a pretty big prostitute there, you know what I mean? (link)

BECK: You know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. ... And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones we're seeing on television are the scumbags - and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention. (link)

BECK: I'm beginning to question, you know, "Can you let your son's body become the same temperature as your son's head before you turn this into a political campaign against the president - could you do that?" ... I find this guy [Michael Berg] despicable. Everything in me says that. The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all. (Link)

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out - is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus - band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure. (Link)

Great job, CNN. I can't imagine that this will backfire on you at all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?