Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Who lied? Karl Rove or Scott McClellan?

I’m sure many of you are fed up with the whole who said what when Valerie Plame, Judith Miller fiasco, but I just wanted to add one significant piece of information and pose a simple question.

On September 29, 2003 Presidential Spokeman Scott McClellan was asked if Karl Rove was involved in the leak of a CIA agents identity.

McClellan said “The president knows that Karl Rove wasn't involved.” When asked how he knows that Scott said, “I have spoken with Karl Rove.” He later admitted “I spoke with them (Scooter Libby, Karl Rove and Elliott Abrams) so that I could come back to you and say that they were not involved.”

Now that we know that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby were involved, we know a little more about the puzzle. Either Scott McClellan asked Karl Rove if he was involved, and Rove lied to him. Or, Scott McClellan lied when he said I’ve spoken to them, and they say they were not involved.

The bottom line is that one or both of these men lied. There is no other option.

So my question is simple, knowing that one of them lied, why doesn’t Bush ask the liar to fess up, so he can fire their ass?

I smell a cover up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?