Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

I'd Make Out With Maureen Dowd

O.k., this is normally my This Week In Celebrity Gossip section, but I thought that headline was more appropriate.

New York Times Columnist Maureen Dowd recently published an excerpt from her upcoming book "Are Men Necessary," I know I don't have that exactly right, but close enough. Apparently she has stirred up a hornet's nest of criticism from Feminists and Dowd-Haters that has caused bloggers and most of the internet community to attack her. Now I'm sure Maureen Dowd doesn't need me to defend her, in fact I'm sure she's loving all the free publicity as it may very well help sell books, but I have to say the attacks on her seem unfair.

From what I understand, Maureen Dowd's column was excerpts from the book, yet she's being attacked as if the portions excerpted were her entire opinions on modern feminism, young women, young men, old women, old men and everybody else on the planet.

I'd like to say, everybody needs to stop, take a breath and maybe even a chill pill. Why is it that when someone expresses an opinion, especially on as unimportant a topic as modern relationships, everyone has to throw a hissy fit. I just don't get it.

Maureen Dowd Rocks! I'd make out with her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?