Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Who Lied? Rove or McClellan? And Why Do They Both Still Have Their Jobs? Republican Chairman Ken Melman Obviously Doesn't Care.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: Let me ask you a question about Scott McClellan.

MEHLMAN: Good guy.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: He told reporters at least three times that the White House was not involved in any leak during the CIA leak investigation. He said he personally spoke to Libby and to Rove and that they and his quote was, so I could come back and say they were not involved. So either Scott McClellan is lying or Karl Rove lied to Scott McClellan. Which is it? And don't you want to know?

MEHLMAN: I don't know the answer to that question. I think that fundamentally, Scott made a statement yesterday that this is an investigation that's still going on. There's a trial that will come forward. Let's let that process work.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: Yes, no, no, and I totally agree with you on that. But the question is, he made statements not only to reporters but to the American public saying, I asked and they told me they were not involved. So either he's lying or Karl Rove lied to him when he asked. I mean, don't you want to know? Did Karl Rove lie to a man who's going to inform the American people of his role in a leak?

MEHLMAN: Well, I think I'm sure Scott would love to answer a lot of those questions. But I respect tremendously the approach he's taken, that the White House has taken, which is the most important thing is fully cooperating with a serious investigation. And I think that you saw on Friday Pat Fitzgerald laid his case out in one particular case. We're going to have a trial in that case. The investigation continues in other areas. Let's let him wrap up. He's in the final stages of wrapping this up. And then we'll have Scott answer those questions.

THE PUNISHER: Man, I didn't know Ken Mehlman was such a good Tap Dancer. Somebody call Denny Tarrio. And for the record, whether Karl Rove lied to Scott McClellan or McClellan lied to the American Public, is irrelevant to the pending investigation. It wouldn't affect the investigation in any way unless they were both involved in a cover-up, for example, if they were co-ordinating their lies to hide Treason. This Bullshit Republican Talking Points Non-Response needs to be debunked.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?