Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Tue Mar 28, 2006 at 10:17:48 AM PDT
Republican John McCain gives some love to the crazy Reverend:
American military hero and Arizona Sen. John McCain will deliver the Commencement message at Liberty University on May 13, at 9:30 a.m., in the Liberty University Vines Center.
While Sen. McCain and Liberty University Chancellor Jerry Falwell have had their share of political differences through the years, the two men share a common respect for each other and have become good friends in their efforts to preserve what they see as common values. This will mark his first ever appearance at Liberty University.
Ah, a full embrace of the man McCain referred to as "pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance." My question: will Tim Russert ask Senator McCain if he agrees with Falwell's comments? If he thought it appropriate to ask Senator Obama about Harry Belafonte's remarks, why not ask McCain about the following, since he has chosen to so closely associate himself with the good Reverend?:
- Senator McCain, do you agree with Jerry Falwell that Muhammed, the prophet is Islam, is a "terrorist"?
- Senator McCain, do you agree with Jerry Falwell's statement that "If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being"?
- Senator McCain, do you agree with Jerry Falwell's statement tht "Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc. are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status"?
- Senator McCain, do you agree with Jerry Falwell's statement that "Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home"?
- Senator McCain, do you agree with Jerry Falwell's statement that if the Antichrist did exist and were alive today, "of course he'll be Jewish"?
Come on Timmy, I hope you're taking notes. Now that McCain and Falwell are peas in a pod, I'd hope that the media can abandon that whole "moderate" myth.