Monday, October 23, 2006

 

W is Losing an entire Generation in Iraq. Leave No Child An AK-47?

So I'm talking with a friend of mine who recently returned from Iraq. He has family in Karbala and he just spent several months there visiting for the first time in almost a decade.

I asked him what he thought about events, and how the people were handling the toppling of Saddam and the U.S. occupation. He said that he was most disturbed by the fact that NONE of the children are going to school any longer. Apparently, paying teacher salaries wasn't a part of Bush's Plan for Victory in Iraq, or his Plan for Reconstruction.

My friend asked his eight year old cousin why he's no longer in school, and the eight year old replied "Because now we train with these" and pulled an AK-47 out from under his bed.


I really wish I was kidding.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?