Tuesday, June 16, 2009

 

Other Republican Racist of the Week: Sherri "I'm Sorry I Mailed It To The Non-Racists" Goforth.

Sherri Goforth, an executive assistant for Tennessee State Rep. Diane Black (R-Gallatin), sent this picture out to other legislative staffers:

2009-06-16-image0012300x246.jpg

The email was headlined "Historical Keepsake Photo."

One staffer who received the email publicized it online:

I talked to my local rep, Mark Maddox about it, and described the picture to him at a recent fund raising event. I think he was as appalled as I was. I was going to post it last week but there was a death in my family and I had to think about it.


Because it made me mad.

But, you know, people need to know that this stuff is going on. I would be just as angry if a democratic staffer had sent it.

Dammit, Tennessee, haven't we moved past this kind of crap. I'm serious.

Goforth admitted to sending the email, but she apologized only for sending it to the wrong people.

"I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button," Goforth said. "I'm very sick about it, and it's one of those things I can't change or take back."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?