Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Disbarment of Orly Taitz Sought by California BarEven though any questions about President Obama's eligibility to serve as President were put to rest last June with the release of certified proof of his birth in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 4, 1961, which proof has been accepted and validated by the Governor of Hawaii, the United States Congress, former Vice President cheney, over twenty United States District Courts and the United States Supreme Court on at least five separate occasions, some extremists have refused to let the matter die. Just recently, an April Fool's Hoax alleging that the President claimed Indonesian citizenship in his college days, began circulating around the internet.
FINALLY there seems to be a chance that the madness will soon end. The Chief Trial Counsel of the State Bar of the State of California has filed a complaint against Orly Taitz, one of the more outspoken of the conspiracy obsessed, a woman who was unable to gain entry to an Accredited Law School and whose career seems to consist mainly of frivolous attacks on anyone within range. With luck, and with the wisdom that the Courts have unanimously shown when dealing with this ludicrous issue, Ms. Taitz will soon no longer be a practicing attorney. We can only hope it comes soon.
A PDF link to the entire complaint can be found on this site:
Below, I reprint only the Preface to the Complaint. For details, consult the full complaint (it is approximately 30 pages long).
Complaint to the State Bar of California
IN RE: ORLY TAITZ
STATE BAR NO. 223433
Office of the Chief Trial Counsel/Intake
The State Bar of California
1149 South Hill Street
Los Angeles, California 90015-2299
A California attorney has decided that President Obama is ineligible to be president, and has taken on the mission of removing him from office -- by force, if necessary. On at least two occasions, she has openly called for armed rebellion by the military, to arrest and imprison the elected President.
Her name is Orly Taitz. Using the power of the Internet, including blogs, online radio and television shows, and YouTube, she has become the national leader of a fringe movement. She has literally thousands of followers who think she is waging a lonely battle to uphold the Constitution, in the face of a conspiracy to place a usurper in the White House. Because her cause is so important, she has ignored the laws of the United States, established court procedures, and specifically, the California Rules of Professional Conduct. Specific violations are alleged below.
She has filed three lawsuits in California (two of which have been dismissed), and unsuccessfully attempted to file a fourth in federal court in Washington, D.C. Having been unable to achieve her goal by legal action, she has begun encouraging her followers nationwide to organize themselves as wholly unlawful "Citizens Grand Juries," and making "presentations" to lead them in indicting President Obama on criminal "charges". Already, a group of citizens in Georgia issued an "indictment" of the President, and "served" it on government officials, threatening violence if their "indictment" was ignored. Another such "indictment" is coming in early May, under her direction. In addition:
1. She has accused the following federal officials of treason and called for their indictments:
a) All the justices of the Supreme Court,
b) All the members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate,
c) Attorney General Eric Holder, Solicitor General Elena Kagan, and other federal officers,
d) and, of course, President Obama himself.
2. She has personally confronted two Supreme Court justices, when they made public appearances. On both occasions, she improperly tried to engage them in improper ex parte discussion of her case before the Court.
3. At her confrontation with Chief Justice Roberts, she gave two suitcases full of documents to his security detail, later claiming that she had "filed" a Motion for Reconsideration in one case, and a new lawsuit -- though she paid no filing fee, failed to file with the clerk's office, and showed no proof of service on opposing counsel. When her documents were not placed on the Supreme Court docket, she accused Justice Roberts of further treason and demanded his resignation.
4. She has openly encouraged and advised these unlawful "Citizens Grand Juries". In Georgia on March 28, she "presented the case" before a "Citizens Grand Jury" of 25 people, who then issued an indictment of President Obama on charges of fraud. The "indictment" was then "served" on the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, and on the Georgia Attorney General, on Georgia's Speaker of the House, and on Georgia's President of the Senate.
She apparently also plans to "do the presentation," as if a prosecutor, at the "Illinois Citizen's Federal Grand Jury" on May 2. http://americangrandjury.org/grand-jury-updates-from-georgia-... She believes she's some sort of "National Prosecutor" at these "Fake Grand Juries," and more will surely follow.
5. She has recruited dozens of active and retired military for her crusade, including retired Major General Carroll D. Childers. She published (and thus, endorsed) his statement about President Obama that:
"He is an interloper, a usurper, a fake, a scam artist, a Chicago crook, a recipient of bribes and gratuitous income for which he paid no tax, a socialist (perhaps only a communist or Marxist), and a grave danger to the future of America ... [Congress and the Supreme Court] are all complicit and should all be severely punished for having failed in their sworn oath to protect and defend the constitution ... [instead of swearing him into office, Justice] Roberts ... should have immediately had Obama arrested and deported.
"Other than this, my key short-term complaint is that he has not had a heart attack in office."
6. On April 4, she attended a "Machine Gun Shoot" in Kentucky, where she actively recruited plaintiffs for her various actions and was at least partially successful. According to her own accounting, she signed up at least 20 new "plaintiffs for my legal actions," presented "a case for fraud" against President Obama in a public appearance with the man who convened the Georgia "Citizens Grand Jury," and collected "at least 300 signed indictments". However, upon information and belief, she is not licensed to practice law in the State of Kentucky.
7. She repeatedly instructs her followers to write, call, and otherwise harrass the U.S. Supreme Court, federal courts, U.S. Attorneys, and other governmental officials, demanding that they investigate the President, arrest, and imprison him. On March 14, she wrote:
[I have been] criss crossing this country talking to Justices of the Supreme court, Representatives, Senators, FBI agents, Attorney Generals, US attorneys, telling all of them, what is wrong with you? Did some evil magician put a spell on the men in this country and they stopped being men? Why are you afraid to speak up, to stand up for you constitution? Why are you afraid to tell this arrogant jerk from Africa and Indonesia - You need to go home, you cannot be a president and commander in chief because you are not a Natural born Citizen. To be a Natural born Citizen you have to have both parents as citizens. Your father was never a US citizen and you don't qualify and you also spit us in the face by refusing to unseal your vital records. There is no proof that you are even a citizen. For all we know, you need to go back to Kenya and wait for your green card, and that after we try you for all the crimes perpetrated upon American citizens.
By openly advocating armed revolt, accusing virtually the entire federal government of treason, and using poisonous invective against President Obama, she is making it significantly more likely that someone will attempt to assassinate the President of the United States. I recognize that, however distasteful, many of her actions are likely protected by the First Amendment. However, in her capacity as a California attorney, she has violated numerous Rules of Professional Conduct, as detailed below.